Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Cascading Card



Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's out there! 

This is the card I made for my Mom this year. I was trying to find a way to make it personal and then it hit me - photos of my sister and myself along with my two boys and my neice! Can't get much more personal than that LOL! I think it will be a special momento that can be left on display (hint hint Mom) :)

It's called a Cascading fold card.  It may seem a little complicated to figure out at first but once you have the measurements it comes together really quickly and becomes addictive simply because the possibilites for finishing a card like this are limitless!

I did quite a bit of searching to find a template for a card like this that was straight forward and easy to follow.  It came as no suprise that it was another Stampin' Up! Demonstrator that had the best tutorial!! Jan Farring posted a step by step guide found HERE with some great examples.

Supplies for my card:

Stamp sets: none
Cardstock: Summer Smooches DSP, Island Indigo, Calyspo Coral, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: none
Accessories: Embosslits Beautiful Wings, Bigz Dies Alphabet Simple Letters, modern label punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Everyday Enchantment brads (from Sale-A-Bration 2012), MDS, snail adhesive, mini glue dots

I made the flowers that the pictures are adhered to by punching out 3 modern labels and criss crossing them, then adding a punched 1 1/4" circle in the center.  I printed all the photos in My Digital Studio.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!  Thanks so much for looking!



webbanner-002copy
Pin It

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a clever way to use this card fold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...