Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Textured Autumn


Hi Everyone!
I wanted to share with you today a technique I can only describe as vintage and worn - Faux Linen.  I think the results are so beautiful and easy to create with a few simples tools.

Autumn has always been my favorite season - the colors of the season are so rich and beautiful...plus it gives me a legitimate excuse to pull out anything warm and fuzzy in my wardrobe.  I came across a quote on Pinterest that pretty much summed up Autumn perfectly for me...ok everything except the cold air part LOL.

Your probably asking yourself 'and where's she going with this?' I'll bet.  Well when we get to this time of year I naturally start to craft with the current colors in nature - a perfect way to incorporate Stampin' Up!'s Neutral and Regal palettes.  Today's card is no exception; here's a look at how I created it.

Supplies:

Stamps: French Foliage, Full of Blessings (greeting)
Cardstock: Glossy White, Early Espresso, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP
Ink: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stampin' Sanding System, Square Lattice embossing folder, Early Espresso Bakers twine, Brights Designer Buttons, sponges, dimensionals, snail adhesive

I began with a piece of Glossy White cardstock and stamped the written image from the French Foliage set in Soft Suede randomly over the cardstock.  Once dry I used the brand new sanding block from the Holiday catalogue to first sand vertically then horizontally over the cardstock until all the glossy finish was gone.  I then lightly sponged Soft Suede using a circular motion over the entire cardstock.  Next I stamped the water spot image in Chocolate Chip and one of the leaf images in More Mustard.  Once again, when dry, I sanded in both directions and lightly sponged on Soft Suede.  I finished by adding a few leaves in Cajun Craze.  Before assembling the card I wrapped the Glossy cardstock with Early Espresso baker's twine and added a button in Olive Green for interest; I then attached it to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock I had ran through the Square Lattice embossing folder.

I hope you've been inspired to try this technique!  I know it goes to the top of my favorite's list!  For a full picture tutorial, check out Splitcoast Stampers.  Well, I'm off to work on my son's birthday cake for this weekend, wish me luck!

Thanks so much for looking!
webbanner-002copy
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...