Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Footprints in the Sand


Hi Everyone!

Well, I have visions of a lovely beach scene in my mind today.  The temperature isn't all that bad here but the wind is creating its own little blizzard in my front yard.  Ick, that's all I have to say about that. LOL

Anyone that knows me knows I love love love my dog.  He was a birthday gift from my husband the year before our first son was born.  I already had his name picked out before we even picked him up from the breeder - before we even knew whether we would be able to get a male or female.  Yup, its lucky we got the last male or I'd have a female Boston Terrier named Stanford.  The breeder promised a calm, lovable lap dog.  Well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad, is it??  He's grown into a 25 lb "lap dog" who is definitely lovable but by no means calm!  And of course as is probably with most Boston Terriers, he has a face only a momma could love :)  He's a constant companion who loves unconditionally and is super great with my kids - I wouldn't trade him for the world!


When I sat down to make this card and finished with the footprints, I couldn't help but think they looked a little lonely.  Now they look just a little happier with a set of puppy prints.  Inspiration really does hit you at the oddest moments-I sure didn't think I'd be blogging about my dog today!

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Word Play
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse
Accessories: White gel pen, sponges, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso markers, Piercing tool and piercing pack, Pool Party seam binding ribbon, Stampin dimensionals

I began by masking off the water portion of the card.  I sponged Crumb Cake then Soft Suede to create the sand.  With the fine tip of Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso markers I dotted the sand to add dimension.  I then removed the mask and sponged Pool Party as the first layer of the water.  I left a small portion along the shoreline white to give the impression of a surf on the sand.  Layer on Baja Breeze and Midnight Muse to add depth to the water.  Waves were added with a white gel pen.
The footprints were sketched onto the sand first with a pencil, then colored in with a Crumb Cake marker; shadows were added with a Soft Suede marker.

Hope you enjoyed this one!  All this talk of my puppy makes me want to go snuggle up with him, see you next time!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...