Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lonely Phone Booth



Hi Everyone!

After two days of sitting in front of the computer trying to adjust HTML codes and widgets and other terms I don't think I'll ever understand, I managed to make a few changes to my blog.  You'll now find that when you hover over a card image the "P" from Pinterest will appear, making it super easy to pin any inspiration you find within my blog.  I've also added Social Media buttons to the top right column which makes it even easier to connect with me across the web.  Finally I've added a Blog Button that you can grab for your own blog, if you like.  I hope to visit some of my favorite blogs and add them to my site in the upcoming days - if you have a button, please let me know!  I'd love to check out your blogs too!

I haven't had much time to create over the last couple days and I've made a promise to myself that I won't sit to make a card when I feel rushed or not in a creative mood.  I don't want to make a card for this blog just for the sake of saying I made a card.  I want to share creations I'm proud of and unfortunately inspiration doesn't always find me when I'd like.  Today however, I was itching to stamp.  So with my 3 year old in tow (oh, so not fun...I now have ink on him, a blanket, and a pillow!) we stamped the afternoon away.  I had planned on making this into a tutorial, but it just wasn't meant to be with my "helper" helping today :(

I snapped a picture at the beginning of making this card just so you could see how I sketch out my idea onto paper with pencil before I start sponging and coloring.
Supplies:

Stamp sets: Feeling Sentimental (Sale-a-Bration)
Cardstock: Watercolor paper, Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Early Espresso
Ink: Black Staz-on, Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray
Accessories: Stampin' write markers, sponges, blender pen, snail adhesive

I loved this set the moment I seen it in the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  It really lends itself to the watercolor look I was going for when I sat down to make this card.  If you'd like to recreate this image yourself, begin by sponging all the stone with Sahara Sand then shade with Basic Gray.  All the deeper shadows are created with the aid of markers.  Its a process that takes time; I add a little color at a time and blend it with a blender pen until I reach the desired result.  I chose not to put a sentiment on this card so that when the right occasion and person came along I could add it then.  If you have any questions on the process, please leave a comment; I'd love to help!

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me!  Until my next post...
webbanner-002copy
Pin It

1 comment:

mjbest said...

Love the card and all of your art work. Enjoy your time with your little one. They grow up much too fast. I tried to savour every single moment with mine while they were growing up. Even the "helping" part was always turned into a fun time and my "creations" never quite turned out they way I had originally intended. They were so proud of their "help" and their own creations which always made me smile, and love them even more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...