Monday, January 14, 2013

Velveteen Meadow

Good Monday Morning!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I celebrated my birthday over the weekend and was given the best gift a Mom could EVER receive!  My In laws watched the boys for the entire day - I was able to catch up on some much needed housework and get a jump start on some stamping projects I'm working on.  Sometimes a day alone is just what the doctor ordered!  I also had a card class this weekend - this is one of the techniques I demonstrated called Velveteen Stamping.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Summer Silhouettes, A Word for You
Cardstock: Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: White Staz-On, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Rich Razzleberry, Gumball Green
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Brights Buttons, Island Indigo ribbon from the ribbon/button pack offered in this years Sale-a-Bration flyer, snail, dimensionals

To create this technique, follow this simple process.  On a piece of Whisper White cardstock stamp a background image using White Staz-On ink.  I don't have a full background stamp so I created my own using the lattice border image from the Summer Silhouettes set.  Heat set the ink to be sure it is fully dry before continuing onto the next step.  Choose solid color images and stamp over the white ink.  Voila!  The white ink subtlety peeks through the solid color ink revealing a pretty, layered image!

Have a great day everyone!
webbanner-002copy Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...